Sunday, July 5, 2009

Fourth of July Weekend!!!!



So after a long five hour journey from Vegas to Manti, UT (with this adorable little one screaming in my ear...good thing he's so adorable cuz I still love him just as much), we arrived Thursday night for Maggie and Nate's sealing on Friday afternoon. David, one of my great friends that I've known at the Elms for the past 10 months, came down to help me babysit during my family's session and the sealing. We did baptisms that morning at 8 a.m. in the Manti temple, which was absolutely gorgeous, and the people were so nice and kind!


And the babysitting was tons of fun, especially once they stopped screaming and fell asleep in the 'Chariot' stroller:)



So not only has this been an exciting weekend for Maggie and Nate and my family, this has been an exciting weekend for me too. Now since it's Facebook official, I am so happy to announce that Dave and I are a couple...and a cute couple at that, if I do say so myself...looking at us with that cute lil Lincoln in the followin picture. Three extremely pale blondies...we applied the SPF 50 over and over again...but we all still managed to come away pink:) As usual...the curse of white skin!


Back in P-town, we got to run a 5k as a kickoff to the Provo Freedom Festival, the world's largest celebration for the Fourth of July. Then we watched the Provo Parade, which was absolutely spectacular! Here's a Madeline float for Beka...(C'est toi!). And the MTC had an awesome float w/ missionaries marching behind it. That was our favorite!

3 comments:

  1. How great!!! It was a marvelous weekend~

    love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. boy it's a good thing David is old enough that he doesn't have coodies anymore :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aubrie?! I was looking at Laurel's blog and came across yours! Looking at your blog makes me feel all collegey inside. I guess now that your out of YW and I'm not your leader anymore we could probably be friends. Or is that weird for you? Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete