Sunday, August 9, 2009

Colorado Adventures...

Going back to my Forsyth roots was such a fun adventure of sharing family stories and family history, hiking and swimming in the cool Colorado weather, and just plain hanging out with my really cool relatives.
Dave and I stayed with Sherry and Andrew, who now live in Parker Colorado, and we got to enjoy a day down in Colorado Springs in Garden of the Gods (can you pick out the "Kissing Camels" in the middle picture? It's much better than Jeremy's "Camelback Mountain" LOL).

We then spent a few minutes exploring the grounds of the huge Glen Eyrie castle...which I definitly reccommend to anyone who is up for an awesome hike and great views!

We got to get together with my Grandma and Grandpa and my cousin Shauna at a great Italian Kitchen, where Dave used to work, called Zios...and I think it's even better than Olive Garden and California Pizza Kitchen...too bad we don't have it in UT!



We also got to go by the Nolte's old house in Colorado Springs...it was beautiful!



Even more beautiful was the House of the Lord where we got to perform ordinances for many of my ancestor's on the Forsyth side that Sherry has been searching out on new.familysearch.org. It was a wonderful experience for all of us! In the baptistry that day I was with a ward group doing family names, and all together the Shift Coordinator said that over 700 ordinances were performed by us in the baptistry lone that morning! How this wonderful work is rolling forth!!!


Back in Parker, we loved playing with Fluffy's five little new kitties...the one Andy has here is my favorite little gal...or at least we hope it's a gal, cuz I named her Lucy for the little splotch of red fir on the top of her head :) And Mags, that was your nickname for me for quite a while :) Haha.

And last but not least, we got to see Kevin (my dad's younger brother) show off some awesome trampoline tricks...Kev and Amanda and their three great kids (my newly discovered cousins...Josh, Patrick, and adorable Ali there in the pink) live right down the street from Sherry. It was so great to see everyone and I'm so grateful for their hospitality there in Parker! Love you all so much, and I can't wait for the next time we can get together!

No comments:

Post a Comment