Monday, December 13, 2010

So THIS is what it feels like...OH, I get it now!!!

Have you ever had a time in your life when ALL of the songs make sense? You know what that means don't ya? It means you're in LOVE! If you haven't thought about it in a while, think about WHY you love the one you love...what it felt like when you first fell into the vast ocean full of beauty and overwhelming. refreshing, suffocating...perfectness. What were your thoughts and feelings when you first started swimming, floating, drowning in it? When you grew gills and learned to plunge beneath and see all the beauty that lies under the surface? Do you remember? Dive under again, and tell the person you love what makes you love them...because then the vastness and the beauty of what you two have embarked upon becomes clear, and the excitement of the journey rekindles in your heart. I don't know what it feels like to have loved for many months or years, but I now know what it feels like when you first decide to swim...so if you've forgotten...give this a try. And let me know, doesn't this song make perfect sense?!

"Ocean Wide" by The Afters
Look outside
It's already light and the stars ran away with the night
Things we're said, words that we'll try forget,
it's so hard to admit I know we've made mistakes
I see through all the tears but that's what got us here
[Chorus:]
If love is an ocean wide
We'll swim in the tears we cry
They'll see us through to the other side
We're gonna make it
When love is a raging sea
You can hold on to me
We'll find a way tonight
Love is an ocean wide

I'll stay right here

It's where I'll always belong
Tied with your arms
Days like this, I wish the sun wouldn't set
I don't want to forget
What made us feel this way
You see through all my fears
And that's what got us here
[Chorus]

Love is an ocean wide enough to forget

Even when we think we can't


And another one that just has the cutest video...and totally makes sense on every level!

3 comments: